Florida Atlantic University Professor asks students to “Stomp on Jesus.”
Florida Atlantic University is a public school:
“… FAU opened its doors as the first public university in southeast Florida and the first in America designed for upper division students only. Since day one, FAU has pushed the bounds of higher education. Now, 50 years later, the University serves more than 30,000 freshmen, transfers and graduate students at sites throughout its six-county service region in southeast Florida.”
- Was this professor is out of line? Explain
- Is the professor violating the United States Constitution? Why or why not?
- What part, if anything, does FAU’s public status play in deciding whether this student’s Constitutionally protected rights were violated?
- Should the professor’s behavior be protected by the school?
- Did the student respond appropriately? Why or why not?
- What recourse, if any, should the student have?